Friday, November 6, 2009

School visits

Yesterday I visited two schools to talk about my book "Survival in the Snow" and illustrating kids books. First was at English Crossing Elementary and the other at Cougar Creek Elementary. Both near Arlington, WA. It was a new presentation based on the true life survival story of Moses Schallenberger and I think the talks went very well! Both presentatione were to huge groups of 3rd to 5th graders. One around 200, the other over 300! Below are a few photos. Nothing like kids to make me feel like a rock star! Thanks to the librarians Molly and Sharon and all at Sno-isle libraries! Looking forward to my other two school visits in the next week.

This welcomed me at English Crossing Elementary. Pretty nice.


The students and I at Cougar Creek Elementary


Me rocking the mic at English Crossing Elementary

1 comment:

  1. looks like a blast - love the pic of you working the crowd! The big screen setup looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete